We're here to help your lease-end be a smooth process, so you can focus on your next Mazda.
Turning in your leased Mazda
Everything you need to know to prepare for the end of your lease
Forty-five (45) days before your lease maturity date (or 37 days in New York), you can schedule a courtesy pre-inspection of your leased vehicle. You can request a pre-inspection at any point if you plan to turn-in early, but be aware that a pre-inspection will expire after 60 days. (Pre-inspections are offered if you leased your Mazda in any state except New Hampshire or Wisconsin.)
This pre-inspection will provide:
- A thorough evaluation of the wear and use on your vehicle so you can anticipate potential lease-end charges.
- A condition report that details any wear and use items that you may be billed for at lease-end. The condition report is not a bill and, therefore, won’t show any amounts.
Call usto schedule a courtesy pre-inspection.
Two to three weeks after the pre-inspection, you’ll receive an Excess Wear and Use estimate. This will provide an estimate of the cost of repairing all excess wear and use items detailed on the condition report you received after your pre-inspection. This information will help you decide if it’s in your best interest to repair any of the items before returning your vehicle.
Remember: We will subtract the first $1,000 of Wear and Use charges from your estimate and final bill, if applicable (see your lease contract for additional details and exclusions).
If you choose to make repairs to your vehicle,
If you turn in the vehicle at the end of your lease term, please be aware that you may be responsible for paying these other charges (see your lease for details):
- Disposition: The disposition fee is commonly charged if you don’t purchase the vehicle. However, current lessees qualify for the Loyalty Disposition Fee Waiver Program offer.1 With this program, any disposition fee you may owe under your current lease will be waived when you return your current Mazda vehicle and finance or lease a new Mazda vehicle through Mazda Capital Services within 30 days of turning in your vehicle.
- Excess Mileage: You may owe a per-mile charge for each mile you’ve driven that’s over the amount of the mileage allowance disclosed in your lease.
- Any Outstanding Charges on Your Account: Generally, you may owe any other amounts due under your lease, such as past due lease payments, unpaid late charges, sales/use tax on certain charges (per applicable state and local laws), unpaid parking/traffic citations billed to your account, and any personal property taxes due.
If you decide to return your current leased Mazda at lease-end, contact your Mazda dealer in advance to arrange for the vehicle return and then
Here’s what you need to do on the day you return your vehicle:
- Remove all personal items from your vehicle.
- Place the owner’s manual in the glove box.
- Turn in both sets of keys to the vehicle.
- Call us within one business day of turning in the vehicle.
If you return the vehicle early, you may owe us any early termination liability, as due under your lease agreement. This may be a substantial charge depending on when you terminate during the lease term.
When your lease ends, federal law (and state law, if applicable) requires that you disclose the mileage on your vehicle’s odometer. We ask that you complete, sign, and date an opens in a new windowOdometer Statement and return it to us either when you return the leased vehicle or when you send us your funds to purchase the leased vehicle.
PURCHASING YOUR MAZDA
LOVE YOUR LEASED MAZDA? WE’LL HELP YOU KEEP IT.
If you want to purchase the Mazda you’ve grown to love,
Most lease agreements contain a purchase option that allows you to purchase your vehicle before or at the end of your term. Your agreement will explain the purchase price and terms. Many leases also require you to pay a purchase option fee disclosed on the lease.
link 1return to main body content Loyalty Disposition Fee Waiver Program Terms and Eligibility: Offer is valid for all current Mazda Capital Services (MCS) lessees who return the leased vehicle within 180 days prior to or 180 days after the scheduled maturity date and, within 30 days of vehicle return, finance or lease a new Mazda vehicle through MCS. Verification of current MCS lease may be required. This is an ongoing offer, but the program may be discontinued by MCS at any time without notice. Disposition fees are not charged on leases originated in Wisconsin. By contacting your Mazda dealer about this offer, they will know that you are a valued Chase customer. Please contact your financial advisor for tax implications. New leases and financing through MCS are subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions apply.